Skip to main content

Blasphemer, Infidel, American

"He might say the Bible was just an ordinary book, or that Jesus Christ was an illegitimate child." He was seen reading the bible.

I have read the Bible (new testament and old [or Tanakh if you prefer]), a lot. Possibly more than most who call themselves 'christian'. I've read the Qu'ran (2 translations so far, and am taking an online course - Qu'ran Lessons for the Infidel). I enjoy mythology. I have read some of the Mahabharata (Baghavad Gita fairly thoroughly), the Tibetan Book of the Dead, the Egyptian Book of the Dead (Ani's Scroll), probably others I don't remember right now.

“By the time he moves into his late 20s and early 30s, he has started to temper that because he realizes that doesn’t get him very far politically.” Though many claim he "became" a christian, there is no indication that he used bible ideas and quotes for anything other than to shift public opinion; first to allay fears of his own "non-religion" so he could be elected. Then to sway the public towards the abolition of slavery and solidify his goals of re-uniting the country once slavery had been overcome.

I quote bible verses, and I can summarize them accurately. Since I have no political aims, and I am not subject to blackmail (that I know of, anyway LOL) I am willing to do it with humor, satire, sarcasm, even mockery. I've been called everything from atheist to infidel. I just call myself free-thinker, non-believer, rationalist, maybe secular humanist. I could be in worse company than Abraham Lincoln and Albert Einstein.

The republicans who call themselves 'christian' (that's all of them isn't it?) could take a page from Lincoln's speeches and writings. Take to heart what is truly within the now dead statesman's beliefs. If he was willing to quote scripture for the good of the country as a whole, surely they can find it within themselves to stand up to the current white house bully, for the good of the country as a whole. Not even most 'christians' (hereherehere for example) are as bat-shite crazy as some of the far right wing evangelical fundamentalists. The wingers may be vocal, but they are a minority. Pastors, Ministers, Preachers, Reverends, Fathers, Priests across the nation are clear in their opposition to this buffoonery, this ridiculousity. Biden won. Find yourself (or ask someone more familiar with it to find) some scripture if that's what you need, to encourage you to do the *right* thing for 'god' and country. Be like Abraham Lincoln, not the biblical Abraham who was willing to sacrifice his son. Don't sacrifice our country. 




Comments

  1. Blogspot has apparently changed the link to the icon that's supposed to be here. I'm sure they'll change it back, or move the image, sometime soon maybe. Comments still work without the pic. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. We reserve the right to remove comments for any reason at any time we deem necessary.